This is the trip that changed everything for me.
A photographer friend of mine got some EVPs while exploring the abandoned Jackson Sanatorium in the past, so I figured I'd try my hand at it and came back with some amazing results.
All I did was explore the building with my camera recording (HD video). Meanwhile, many things happened..
1) This clear whisper I captured several times has not been edited. This is exactly how I recorded it.
2) I did not hear the voice until I checked my footage later. Isn't it awesome how it said things, then I repeated? [read more: clairaudience]
3) At the time it felt very much like someone was giving me a tour, though I was alone. I did not feel frightened, just intrigued and wanting to see more, despite the dangerous condition of the building.
4) Chris did not hear the BANG! that sounded like a door slamming, and none of the doors in the building were capable of doing so- they were broken and falling off their hinges. When I went to walk toward Chris's voice, it seemed as if I was drawn back toward the sound of the slam, and later led higher up into the building. I saw the roof, with no EVPs, but the view was beautiful.
5) The voice returned one last time in the basement, when I was looking for my flashlight. We then continued to explore in the dark, looking through curtains, clothing, and old sauna boxes, with a chair inside and a hole for the head. What a find!
So is Jackson Sanatorium haunted?
Yes, and it can be considered an intelligent haunting.
This was most definitely a successful trip, and the one that made me want to keep searching for more.
What do you think about my experience?