Monday, December 23, 2013

Feeling a little afraid in your own house? Have a talk with it.

As a teenager, I experienced a lot of strange things in my mother's house that no one else did. It scared me and I didn't know what to do. I hid, covered my face with blankets, etc.

One day my mom told me to have a talk with the house, tell it how I felt. You want me to do WHAT??, I thought, but did it anyway. Can't hurt, right?

I talked to the house later that day. I told it I was afraid of all the things that were happening, and that I didn't want to feel that way anymore. No one should feel that uneasy in their home. I also told it I didn't want to experience these things ever again.

...and I never did after that. (Even today when I visit, nothing happens.)

In fact, I had gone so long without experiencing anything paranormal, that I had convinced myself it didn't exist (to ease my fears), until I grew older and curious enough to start researching and find out the truth for myself...

Chances are, ghosts, whatever/whomever they may be, just want to make themselves known and communicate. Imagine if no one could see you and you wanted to tell someone something.. they're not responding to light taps on the shoulder (because they're not paying attention), so you'd probably try harder, right? Maybe try pushing them? Eventually, the people you're pushing are going to notice and probably feel uneasy. Does this role reversal sound a little familiar?

If you and/or your family are too skittish to deal with this regularly, talk to the ghost.

Tell it you know it's there, that it had made itself known to everyone involved, and although you'd happily share the house with it, it is scaring you and you don't want to experience that fear anymore. Establish boundaries that seem fair, and voice them. That's it.

I'm not going to claim that's going to fix all situations as far as home hauntings go- it will, ideally, help with intelligent hauntings. This will have no effect on "replays", as those are moments in time that, you guessed it, replay on a regular basis.

If you continue to feel harassed and afraid after talking with your 'ghost', perhaps this situation may need investigation. Try to keep calm and contact a paranormal investigator (or group) you trust for assistance.

2 comments:

  1. Hello
    Excellent posting----very informative, and very appreciated.
    I thank you most kindly, John

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for reading! Please take a moment to leave some feedback- What do you think about this article?