Tuesday, January 14, 2014

EVP Audio Files - Kings Park Psychiatric Center

Kings Park Psychiatric Center
Note: These EVP files have NOT been tampered with, other than to convert them from video to an audio format. No amplification, noise reduction, etc. EXACTLY AS RECORDED. Due to this, you will probably want to wear headphones.

In the summer of 2012, Chris and I adventured to Kings Park Psychiatric Center in Long Island to take photos, debunk the Mount Misery urban legends, and see how real those cheesy ghost detector phone apps are. (They're crap! And even one of the 'ghosts' was confused by it, or so it seems...)

Note: We have a 'no whispering' rule on our investigations, so we can recognize one another and not be confused with EVP. This is the second most important rule, next to 'safety first'.

Here are the EVPs we found in our footage (and you can watch the investigation video here!):

"Yes." - This EVP is very quiet. I asked, "Is this a morgue?" and the "yes" was instantaneous. If you listen hard, you will notice it was whispered from a distance to my right, which, in my video, was inside the building that I had just been shining a flashlight into, and Chris took a couple photos. It sounds like a young girl or woman to me.



"It's closed most of the time." - This one kind of makes me giggle. As we were walking along a paved path in the dark, I asked a question I already knew the answer to, kind of jokingly, "Is this place closed after dark?" to see if I'd get a response. In the video, I got an immediate clear, whispered, "It's closed most of the time," followed by Chris saying, "Oh, it's a bike trail." If you really listen to it, you can kind of hear a warm, laughing tone in the sound of the whisper, as if it thought I was funny. It is obviously male.



"Why?" - I think this is the same voice as the previous, as it not only sounds similar, but both happened within a minute of each other on the path. This clip is in reference to the ghost detector app we were playing around with. Chris said, "Nothing.." as it wasn't picking up anything. I exhaled a second later, then you can hear a clear, "Why?" It seems as if the 'ghost' was just as curious as we were, and frustrated the app didn't work! I also think this is an especially cool clip because you can hear the "Why?" clearly over my sigh.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, thanks for reading! Please take a moment to leave some feedback- What do you think about this article?